Homepage Forums Hyperorgans/Experimental/MIDI We Are Number One but it's converted to MIDI for Reed Organ Reply To: We Are Number One but it's converted to MIDI for Reed Organ

• Jonathan

August 21, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Understood, though I’m in the camp that popular music also counts as contemporary, including kids show theme songs. None of us can’t deny the classic kids show themes that have existed for the past decades, would still invoke nostalgic emotion even to this day.

Case in point, We Are Number One, is a certified hood classic thanks to it being memed many times over (especially for the great case it was serving back in 2016). We must never discount the power of the meme community in that regard.

And to make something clear, whether I’m doing organ talking-MIDI experiments like these, or arranging popular (including contemporary) music for the organ, I’m in the game of adapting the organ for generations of music listeners and organists to enjoy by doing the heavy work that most aren’t doing, because I ultimately care for prolonging the relevance of the instrument as long as realistically possible, as I would hate to see the art of Organ music die right in front of me. So I’m making darn certain that that kind of fate never happens in my lifetime.

Now do you understand how much the organ means a lot to me and how I want to see it not only survive, but thrive for many generations ahead of us? Even if one does experiments that some might not agree on?Understood, though I’m in the camp that popular music also counts as contemporary, including kids show theme songs. None of us can’t deny the classic kids show themes that have existed for the past decades, would still invoke nostalgic emotion even to this day.

Case in point, We Are Number One, is a certified hood classic thanks to it being memed many times over (especially for the great case it was serving back in 2016). We must never discount the power of the meme community in that regard.

And to make something clear, whether I’m doing organ talking-MIDI experiments like these, or arranging popular (including contemporary) music for the organ, I’m in the game of adapting the organ for generations of music listeners and organists to enjoy by doing the heavy work that most aren’t doing, because I ultimately care for prolonging the relevance of the instrument as long as realistically possible, as I would hate to see the art of Organ music die right in front of me. So I’m making darn certain that that kind of fate never happens in my lifetime.

Now do you understand how much the organ means a lot to me and how I want to see it not only survive, but thrive for many generations ahead of us? Even if one does experiments that some might not agree on?